Sunday, October 28, 2012

Take Me

She is one woman he should never touch…

Sole Regret’s enigmatic vocalist, Jacob “Shade” Silverton, is a consummate womanizer, but even he knows better than to get involved with one special woman from his past. Mixing friendship and pleasure can only lead to a broken heart, and he’s suffered enough heartache to swear off relationships for a lifetime.

He is one man she has always desired…

Amanda Lange knows all about Shade’s naughty reputation, but that doesn’t stop her from wanting to dive into the gorgeous rock star’s arms and his bed. She convinces herself that one night of passion won’t complicate their friendship, but can she convince him of that?

They’re both playing with fire.

Neither of them realized how far one kiss would take them. As the flames of their passion ignite with the intensity of an inferno, will either of them escape the experience without being burned or will both be branded fool enough to take a chance on a relationship that was marked for ruin before it even began?

Oh My God! I absolutely loved this book and so glad I have an awesome friend and co-blogger who gifted me with this book! We have been waiting to read about Shade, wanting to see what beneath those rock-star shades. If I'm going to be totally honest, I didn't care much for Shade in Gabe's story and even less so in Adams. I'm so glad I gave him a chance and read his story. Though Shade kills it on stage, I always wondered what he hid beneath the surface. 

I can honestly say I'm not disappointed and I totally fell in love with him. Him being Jacob. Shade is his stage name and he's so caught up in the persona, and is convinced that everyone only wants that part of him. That is until he comes home. Why he's there I cannot say because I don't want to ruin the story, but know I was so damn shocked and at the same time I fell in love with him on the spot. Why you ask well your just going to have to read to find out.

Then there's Amanda Lange. Who is she you ask? Well what if I told you she was his ex-wife's older sister. Shocker right! Well Amanda has been harboring this intense crush on Jacob and she finally decided it was time she do something about it.  Well Jacob is making it really hard because he thinks she unattainable. After his failed marriage he vowed he wouldn't do relrelationships, just cacasual sex. So when Amanda say's that's all she wants, the little dance they've been playing gets serious. I mean serious! Oral orgasm on the couch and a hook up in the jacuzzi, girl is getting a workout...its a prelude to Shade taking center stage. 

Although Amanda disagrees with Jacob slipping into the role of Shade so he can perform in his bedroom. As bad as I want to tell you why, you're going to have to read it! What I love about Amanda, is though she liked having the experince with "Shade" she threw his glasses off and wanted Jacob. He wakes up in the morning praying it was a dream, because he doesn't want to mess up what they have.. but it's really because he has these feeling for her, feelings he shouldn't have. 

So what happens? Does Jacob walk away and put on his Shade exterior or does he surprise them both by going back to Amanda and asking to see her again? Does Jacob realize that the only thing standing in his way of happiness is himself? You have to read to find out, you're going to love this book and Jacob as much as I do, guaranteed! 

-Dani 

*Shivers* Shade...... I was looking forward to this book because I knew that there was something behind his persona of "Shade".  I was right. There are so many things Shade likes to cover up with his shades but the one I will reveal....... His love for his daughter.  Didn't know he was married? Well WAS married?  I believe he is the only one in the band that has been.  Once you read how he is with his baby girl... you will be hooked by Mr. Jacob "Shade" Silverton.
Each if the books about Soul Regret are only ONE night.  Hence the titles.  This one...... IS AN AMAZING one night with Shade and Amanda. Who is Amanda?  Well you might be shocked that she is his ex wife's older sister.  Amanda has always had a crush on Shade..... well lets just say Jacob.  It also seems that Shade has had a thing for Amanda too.  Soul Regret is home for one night and each band member decides to go to their homes.  Shade has to pay a special visit to his little girl, and I must say I could do with out his ex.  She is one WITCHY woman! But then that is where Shade and Amanda reconnect and Amanda gives him a ride home. He asks her to hang out and lets just say Amanda tries to bring more of Jacob out than deal with "Shade". Can they connect?  And will Shade let himself feel? Find out..... It's REALLY an Hot yet Adorable side to him.  


-Christina

Buy Take Me on Amazon HERE  and on Nook  HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment